Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bail outs and Gas prices

To understand the economic crisis in America today is pretty simple if you don't let politicians tell you otherwise. I like to put things on a real basic scale. Let's pretend you and I own a company and it has a value of $200.oo. Each of us own 1 stock at $100.oo. I come to you and suggest that we each own 2 stock so we can give one to our spouses. The company did not go up in value so now we have 4 stocks worth $50.oo each. America is like a giant company. Every dollar in America is our stock and represents the value of the company. When government spends money they do not have they print more stock or money. Since the value of the company did not go up our stock, or dollar must go down in value.
Gas is not $4.00 a gallon because we aren't drilling for oil in America. Not drilling and becoming energy independent is another issue all together. Gas is $4.00 a gallon because of inflation. The oil companies have said the dollar is not worth what it use to be so we are charging more. Inflation is another hidden tax in which government steals your money.
You can not pay off debt with more debt. Our government does not have 1 trillion dollars sitting around to do this bail out. So they are borrowing it from you and me, without our consent. If I go borrow money and buy a truck. If I lose my job and I can't make my payments, I can go get another loan to pay my truck payment, in hopes of getting a new job. But soon I can't pay off the truck or the new loan so I get another loan. Pretty soon I can't get any other loan but now instead of just loosing the truck I lose everything. That is what both parties have done to this country. If you vote for a Democrat or a Republican in this election you deserve a major depression, because that is what they are giving you.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are absolutely right. Managing the government is just like managing our household income. The same principles apply and we just need to elect people like you who will follow the correct financial principles.

Unknown said...

I am a lover of history. One thing I have noticed with other great powers of the past is that when they get in dept they lose power. You can see this trend from ancient Rome and China to the Brittish Empire. America must learn from history and stop spending more than it has.

Anonymous said...

You're right, but if you are running for congress you might want to learn the difference between "lose" and "loose". Otherwise the media will pick you apart. :-)

Nicole said...

Kirk, I have known you for a lot of years now and you by far are one of the most honest, hard working, dedicated individuals I have ever come in contact with. I would trust you with my life. This country needs a whole bunch of people like you making our decisions!