Friday, September 19, 2008

Rights come from God not Government

“God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are a gift from God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, and that His justice cannot sleep forever.”—Thomas Jefferson (Excerpts are inscribed on the walls of the Jefferson Memorial.) From Jefferson’s Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, 1781

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am a member of the U.S. military serving in Korea. I am from Utah and am planning on voting for many costitution party canidates.

I am aslo an avid blogger and am well versed in blog design using blogger. I would to help

Kirk4congress said...

I could use all the help I can get. Let me know what sujestions you have. Thanks Kirk

Unknown said...

Thomas Jefferson had it right and I tremble for what the future hold too unless we quickly change our ways like this election cycle.

Soth said...

I was a member of the United States
Military from 1986 to 1990.I have grave concerns about this Bailout funding,It solves nothing as far as i am concerned, only putting us farther into debt at the cost of Middle and Lower class Americans.
Also I am concerned about my right to bear arms as a Citizen of the United States under the constitution.I see things going on, and some people think I am merely paranoid, but i dont see it that way.I am not a radical by no means, but i would certainly hope you will defend the rights we as Citizens were given by our founding fathers. Thank you